General Policy Questions and Answers

Q. What does this insurance cover?
A. It protects you against damage to, or loss of, your property from 25 different causes, including Fire, Earthquake, Water Damage and Burglary. See your Summary of Coverage for a complete list of the covered causes.

Q. I received a Certificate of Insurance and Summary of Coverage from your company. What is it?
A. Your Certificate of Insurance and Summary of Coverage is your proof of the coverage selection you made when you enrolled in the program. It shows the amount of coverage you selected and also gives you a breakdown of covered causes. If you have questions about your Certificate or Summary, please call one of our licensed Customer Service Representatives at (888) 545-7627.

Q. How do I sign up for insurance?
A. If you do not have stored property insurance or have not been enrolled in the Bader Program, signing up for coverage is simple! For insurance on a storage unit/space, simply go to the leasing office and request a Bader Participation Form to complete.

Q. What types of property are eligible for coverage?
A. Many of the properties you own are eligible for coverage but there are limits. There ARE exclusions. Some of the exclusions are accounts, bills, firearms, currency, deeds, evidences of debt, securities, money, notes, animals, jewelry, watches, precious or semi-precious stones, furs and garments trimmed in fur. These items are not insurable under this policy. Coverage may also be declined on exotic, imported or high value contents. The policy is not designed to cover these types of items. Stated Value Insurance Policies are available from most local insurance agents for items like antique cars and other high value collectibles or antiques. Please note the above-mentioned list of exclusions is not a complete list of exclusions. Please refer to your Summary of Coverage for a complete list of exclusions.

Q. Is flood covered?
A. Flood is an optional coverage that may be available at your facility. Our standard program does not include damage from flood, surface water, waves, tides, tidal waves, storm surge, overflow of any body of water, or their spray. However, check with your facility to see if coverage for flood and the other causes of loss mentioned above are provided at your facility.

Q. What is the difference between burglary and theft?
A. Burglary means stealing property by means of forcible entry into a securely locked storage space or unit, provided there are marks of forcible entry on the exterior storage space or unit. Theft does not require forcible entry. Theft and Mysterious Disappearance are not covered under this policy. The mere absence of a lock or padlock does not constitute visible marks of forced entry of a storage space.

Claims Center

Q. What do I do if I have a loss?
A. Notify the site manager (especially if there is damage to the building). Report break-ins to local police. Get the police report. Make a list of what is damaged. Take full view color pictures of the damages/unit. Be sure to include as much detail as you can, such as: make, model, year purchased, etc. Secure your property, and protect it from sustaining further damage. You can file your claim ONLINE or contact the CLAIMS DEPARTMENT at (855) 805-7433.

Q. What information do I need to have to report a claim?
A. We are committed to helping you report your claim as quickly as possible. The person who signed up for the insurance coverage (named certificate holder) is the individual who must file the claim.

When filing a claim, please make sure you have your personal contact information, incident location information, incident report (i.e. police report), description of the incident, and an inventory list of property damage in the incident.

Q. How do I file a claim?
A. You can file your claim one of two ways. Either ONLINE or telephonically by calling (855) 805-7433.